(translated from the Japanese version by ame and daeva-agas)
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Epel is a short, fragile-looking boy with shoulder-length lavender hair and blue eyes. His outfit consists of a black shirt, with purple buttons, a white-collar, and long sleeves which have loops around both his middle fingers. He also wears tight black pants, as well as black boots with golden trim and laces.
On top of these articles of clothing, Epel wears a purple robe that reaches just above his knees. On the top-right corner of the robe, there is an intricate golden pattern displays the Pomefiore logo. There is also a golden floral pattern, which displays the poison apple, on the outer fabric of his deeply slitted-sleeves. The inner sleeves of Epel's robe are rich-red with black trim, they also have the same floral pattern.
His robe is held together by a thick black sash, similar to a kimono obi. On top of his sash, there is another belt made out of red rope, which has been tied to his waist in a thick knot. On the ends of Epel's rope-belt, there are large red and yellow tassels.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Epel, at first impression, seems to be a soft-spoken and gentle first-year. Beneath that front, however, he is a brash country boy with a surprisingly short temper and rough way of speaking starkly different from his feminine appearance.
Skills and Magic[edit | edit source]
Unique Magic[edit | edit source]
|WARNING! This section contains story spoilers. Read at your own risk.|
Epel's unique magic is called "Sleep Kiss" (深紅の果実, Surīpu Kisu; lit. "Crimson Fruit"). He's able to create magic glass coffins that put anyone inside them into a deep slumber. His unique magic can be used as a powerful magic barrier to protect or attack.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Epel is the only member of the main cast who does not have someone else who hails from the same hometown.
- It was mentioned later in the main story that the Harveston is in fact part of Shaftlands, but isn't well-known.
- Epel comes from Harveston and often mentions that his family works on an apple farm.
- Epel only grew up around elderly citizens, and the first time he had interactions with people of his age group was when he arrived at NRC.
- His first name is a reference to the poison apple in Snow White, while his surname seems to be taken from the French and Romanian word for farmer, fermier.
- Epel wishes to become tall and muscular like Ashton Vargas.
- He wanted to be sorted into Savanaclaw so he could become masculine.
- Ace mistook Epel for a girl when he first met him.
- Epel's VA, Tsuchiya, has a dog named Epel.
- On an ABEMA special 「ディズニーツイステッドワンダーランド チャンネル ＃７」, Tsuchiya originally auditioned for Savanaclaw.