(translated from the Japanese version by daeva-agas)
Leona is a muscular young man. He has thick, messy brown hair with two braids on either side. Leona also has green eyes, with a thin scar going from his left eyebrow to his cheek. Leona has a variety of lion-like features, such as light-brown lion ears and a thin tail.
Leona's outfit consists of a dark yellow, sleeveless shirt with a deep v-neck. On top of his shirt, Leona wears a leather vest. He wears worn-out grey jeans, with faded brown chaps on-top; Leona also wears brown shoes. Across his belt, there is a variety of fabrics and a yellow bandana with the Savanaclaw logo on it.
Leona wears a wide variety of accessories, such as a loose beaded choker and a golden necklace. Leona has two bracelets that have the same beads from his choker and a golden bracelet with similar plating to his necklace. In addition to these accessories, Leona wears black gloves and has a lion tattoo on his left arm.
Leona is also described by multiple characters in the game (during story events) as extremely handsome with an overwhelming wild-like aura and has some intense charms.
Leona initially appears to be a slacker and is arrogant and prideful, often looking down upon others who he believes to be inferior to him. He is known to skip classes and prefers to take a nap instead. Leona is easily jealous, due to his upbringing as the second, more "inferior" son. He will do anything to achieve the victory he desires, such as hijacking the Inter-dorm Magift tournament in order to beat Diasomnia, the reigning champions, and convincing most of the Savanaclaw dorm to help him do so.
Skills and Magic
|WARNING! This section contains story spoilers. Read at your own risk.|
Based on Idia and Ortho Shroud's analysis at S.T.Y.X. laboratory, Leona has exceptional magic invocation speed and magic reserves due to his high-class training since his childhood as a member of the Sunset Savanna royalty. Leona is very good at matching his magical output so he can match all of his opponent’s attacks with his own defensive spells. He doesn't waste much magic and even during stress, his blot accumulation is relatively low due to his stable mental state. According to Idia, this makes Leona fit to be a tank in a MMORPG, but this is also questioned as Idia feels that he’s not fit to have a “leader job”. Despite this, there is a possibility that when Leona feels strong emotions, his blot will rapidly accumulate which is proven during Episode 2 when Lilia Vanrouge taunts him.
Leona's unique magic is "King's Roar" (王者の咆哮, Kingusu Roā; lit. "Roar of the king"). After performing a small incantation, anything he touches turns into sand.
- The "scholar" portion of his last name is a reference to "Scar," and a pun that only works in Japanese: in Japanese, the "スカ (suka)" portion of the names are the same.
- Though Leona is clever and possesses powerful magic abilities, his reluctance to put forth any significant effort into his studies (missing important final exams) resulted in him repeating a year.
- Leona has stated he is intimidated by the women of the Sunset Savanna because they are much physically stronger and more strong-willed than the men, including himself.
- This follows the biology of many savanna animals, such as lions and hyenas, wherein the females are hunters and typically dominant in nature.
Appearances in other media
- Leona makes a cameo as an example raised by Hanako Koyanagi when she explains the types of cosplay she does in the original Japanese version of the manga "Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku". He is replaced by Edmond Dantès from Fate/Grand Order in the English localization.
- ↑ Episode 6-34
- ↑ Episode 2-25
- ↑ Leona SSR Birthday Boy Personal Story (Part 3)
- ↑ Leona Ceremonial Robes SR Personal Story
- ↑ Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku Chapter 65, Page 3