(translated from the Japanese version by daeva-agas)
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Sebek is a tall, pale-skinned, sturdy-looking young boy with green hair and green eyes.
In his dorm uniform outfit, he wears a black and green hat and coat with a white collared shirt and black tie inside. He also wears a pair of black gloves, black pants with green lines and long black boots. He has several belts on his waist with two of them holding his wand and some spools of thread.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Sebek is extremely loud, hot-blooded, and prideful. Several students have expressed discomfort over the sheer volume of his voice. Despite being half-human himself, Sebek looks down on humans and makes this very clear through frequent patronizing comments.
However, he is also an honest person, and will openly acknowledge others (human or not) for their talents or other impressive skills. He is blunt and not afraid to express his thoughts. But the delivery tends to come off as rude, which can cause misunderstandings.
Sebek greatly respects Malleus and Lilia, whom he respectively calls Young Master (若様, Wakasama) and Master Lilia (リリア様, Lilia-sama). He becomes much more polite and meeker when addressing them. His ultimate goal is to someday become a suitable knight for Malleus, and he trains hard everyday for this sole purpose. Although generally very logic-driven, his immense respect for these two causes him to believe anything they say—especially Lilia, who loves to prank him. Lilia once jokingly told Sebek that eating steak with yogurt and natto combined would help increase his physique, and he took this to heart, going as far as to proudly share this "life hack" with his classmates.
Apparently, one of the reasons he admires Malleus so much is because "his ideas are so grand, that he [Sebek] can't even begin to understand them."
Skills and Magic[edit | edit source]
Unique Magic[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- He is good at science and math, as they are concrete and easy to understand. However, he has difficulties with subjective classes like the arts.
- There are times he use poetic language in his speech, showing his interest in reading.
- He was a late bloomer with magic.
- He likes warm and humid places like the school's botanical garden, as he finds them relaxing.
- Horses always get scared of him for some reason.
- According to Grim, whenever Malleus is brought up, he gets really exhausting.
- He is jealous of Kalim and Jamil‘s master-servant relationship and that they have known each other since birth. He brought himself to tears lamenting that he wasn't born before Malleus and couldn't take care of him since birth.
- He is usually in charge of the heavy lifting in Diasomnia. He can carry 8 chairs at once with ease.
- Sebek's name may be derived from the alternate name of the ancient Egyptian crocodile deity, Sobek.
- Sebek is based on Maleficent's lightning abilities in Sleeping Beauty (1959).
- He has a portrait of Malleus in his room, which he greets every single time he leaves or comes back.